“Any party to an arbitration in which an award has been made may petition the court to confirm, correct or vacate the award. The petition shall name as respondents all parties to the arbitration and may name as respondents any other persons bound by the arbitration award.” (Code Civ. Proc., § 1285.) A petition must include (a) the substance of or have attached a copy of the agreement to arbitrate unless the petitioner denies the existence of such an agreement, (b) the names of the arbitrators, and (c) a copy of the award and the written opinion of the arbitrators, if any. (Code Civ. Proc., § 1285.4.)

The court may take judicial notice of the arbitration agreement that formed the basis of its order compelling the parties to arbitration. The petition here also attaches the decision of the arbitrator denying Randle relief on September 22, 2019. Thus the above requirements have been met.


“No peti........