The Hon. Yvette M. Palazuelos is a judge for the Los Angeles County Superior Court in California. She was appointed to the bench by former governor Gray Davis in June 2000.
Judge Palazuelos received her B.A. in political science from Stanford University in 1984. She went on to earn her J.D. from Columbia University in 1987.
Prior to her appointment to the Superior Court, Palazuelos served as an assistant U.S. attorney for the U.S. Attorney's Office Central District of California starting in 1990. She was with the office for 10 years.
In 2014 Judge Palazuelos began teaching trial advocacy and California civil procedure as an assistant adjunct professor for Southwestern Law School in Los Angeles.
In 2016 she received the Francesca Flores Community Service Award from the Latina Lawyers Bar Association.
As a Superior Court judge, Palazuelos presided over the Michael Jackson wrongful death trial.
- J.D. from Columbia University (1987)
- B.A. from Stanford University (1984) (Political Science)
- Judge at Los Angeles County Superior Court in Los Angeles County, California (2000 to 2021)
- Assistant Attorney at U.S. Attorney's Office, Central District of California in Los Angeles County, California (1990 to 2000)
- Assistant Adjunct Professor at Southwestern Law School in Los Angeles County, California (from 2014)