Santa Barbara County Superior Court, Department Santa Barbara - 3 (website)
Calendar Clerk: +1 (805) 882-4540
Civil Ex Parte Clerk: +1 (805) 882-4513
Family Ex Parte Clerk: +1 (805) 882-4531
The Hon. Thomas P. Anderle was born on May 24, 1935, in Lake Linden, Michigan and attended the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor. Upon graduation, he became a commissioned officer in the United States Navy and spent three years serving in the Pacific on destroyers.
In 1964 Judge Anderle graduated from the Loyola University School of Law and began clerking for Justice John J. Ford of the California Court of Appeal. In 1965 he became a Deputy County Counsel in Santa Barbara County and in 1968 he joined a private law partnership. In 1977 he opened his own law practice focusing on water law, education law, and family law. Judge Anderle was a sole practitioner until he was appointed by Governor Pete Wilson to the judiciary in December 1997. He closed his law practice and took the bench in February 1998. Judge Anderle is a former president of the Santa Barbara County Bar Association, a past Director and President of the Legal Aid Foundation, and a past member and President of the Santa Barbara County Board of Education.
- Juris Doctor from Loyola University School of Law (1964)
- Undergraduate from University of Michigan
- Clerk for Justice John J. Ford at California Court of Appeal
- Deputy County Counsel at Santa Barbara County (1965 to 1968)
- Private Law Partnership at Private Practice (1968 to 1977)
- Attorney (focusing on water law, education law, and family law) at Private Practice (1977 to 1997)