Honorable Steven K. Austin is a judge of Contra Costa County Superior Court. He was appointed by Governor Pete Wilson in 1998.
Judge Austin served on the California State Mental Health Planning Council and the Board of Directors of Protection Advocacy Inc.
Judge Austin is currently a member of the Veterans Courts Working Group of the Administrative Office of the Courts, and a longtime member of the California Commission on Access to Justice. He has served as faculty for several judicial education programs.
- J.D. from University of California, Hastings College of the Law (1981)
- Bachelor's degree from University of California, Los Angeles (1978)
- Judge at Superior Court of Contra Costa County (from 1998)
- Attorney at Buresh, Kaplan, Jang, Feller & Austin (1984 to 1998)
- Attorney at Cole and Scott (1981 to 1984)