Hon. Steve White is a judge of the Superior Court of Sacramento County in California, appointed in 2003.
Prior to being appointed, White has served on the Executive Board of the California Judges Association;
the Interstate Commission for Adult Offender Supervision; and the State Judicial Council committees.
In addition, Hon. White has been an adjunct professor of law at the U.C. Davis School of Law (since 1995) and a director of the Alliance of California Judges.
Hon. White was elected Presiding Judge for the 2010-2011 term. Upon his election, he was quote as saying “The trial courts of our state face enormous challenges because of the current budget crisis.” (see full quote in article links below).
- J.D. from UC Davis School of Law (1974)
- Bachelor's Degree from California State University, Sacramento
- Judge at Superior Court of Sacramento County in Sacramento, CA (from 2003)
- The Inspector General for the State of California at Office of the Inspector General, State of California (1999 to 2003)
- Hiring Partner and Shareholder at Kronick, Moskovitz, Tiedemann & Girard in Sacramento from (1995 to 1999)
- District Attorney for Sacramento County at District Attorney's Office, Sacramento County in Sacramento, CA (1989 to 1995)
- Chief Assistant Attorney General at Office of the Attorney General, State of California (1983 to 1989)
- Executive Director at California District Attorneys Association (1979 to 1983)
- Deputy and Supervising Deputy District Attorney at Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office in Sacramento, CA