Hon. Stephen P. Acquisto is a judge of the Superior Court of Sacramento County in California, appointed in 2013.
Judge Acquisto has been chief deputy legal affairs secretary in the Office of Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. He served at the California Department of Justice as a supervising deputy attorney general from 2004 to 2010 and as a deputy attorney general from 2001 to 2004. Acquisto was an adjunct professor at the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law from 2003 to 2005. He was an associate at Mennemeier Glassman and Stroud LLP from 1998 to 2001 and at Rushford and Bonotto LLP from 1995 to 1998. Judge Acquisto is a Democrat.
- J.D. from University of San Francisco School of Law
- Bachelor's Degree from University of California, Santa Barbara
- Judge at Superior Court of Sacramento County (from 2014)
- Chief deputy legal affairs secretary at Office of Governor Edmund "Jerry" Brown (2011 to 2013)
- Supervising deputy attorney general at California Department of Justice (2004 to 2010)
- Adjunct professor at University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law (2003 to 2005)
- Deputy attorney general at California Department of Justice (2001 to 2004)
- Associate at Mennemeier Glassman and Stroud LLP (1998 to 2001)
- Associate at Rushford and Bonotto LLP (1995 to 1998)