The Hon. Robert James Moss is a judge for the Superior Court of Orange County in Orange County, California. He was appointed to the court by former Governor Gray Davis on April 19, 2002, and was sworn into office on May 31, 2002. Moss was most recently re-elected to the court on June 8, 2010, for a six-year term expiring in 2016.
Moss received his undergraduate degree from the University of California Irvine in 1968 and his J.D. degree from the Loyola University School of Law, Los Angeles in 1973.
2010: George Francis Civility Award, Orange County Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates
2007: Jerrold Oliver Award, Orange County Trial Lawyers Association
2005: Judge of the Year Award, Orange County Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates
Member, Judicial Council of California (2010-2012)
- Juris Doctor from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles (1973)
- Undergraduate from University of California, Irvine (1968)
- Founding partner at Howard, Moss, Loveder, Strickroth and Parker (1987 to 2002)
- Partner at Parker, Stanbury, McGee, Babcock & Combs (1978 to 1986)
- Associate attorney at Parker, Stanbury, McGee, Babcock & Combs (1973 to 1977)