In 2012, the Hon. Richard H. DuBois was appointed by Governor Jerry Brown as a judge for the Superior Court of San Mateo County in California.
In court, he says that experienced attorneys are able to efficiently try a case. Less experienced attorneys often overload the court with too many facts.
The judge believes that "discovery statutes are a waste of time. If you can do it informally between the parties, then that’s the best way to do it."
The judge is a Democrat.
- J.D. from Santa Clara Law School (1975)
- B.A. from University of California, Santa Barbara (1972)
- Family law commissioner at Superior Court of San Mateo County, California in San Mateo County, California (2002 to 2012)
- Lawyer at DuBois and Kelly (1983 to 2002)
- Lawyer at Nudelman and DuBois (1980 to 1983)
- Lawyer at Law Offices of George P. Eshoo (1975 to 1980)