The Hon. Raul Anthony Sahagun is a judge for the Los Angeles County Superior Court in California. He was elevated to the Superior Court by former governor Pete Wilson in 2000 after the unification of the courts. Judge Sahagun had originally been appointed to the Municipal Court by Gov. Wilson in 1997.
Judge Sahagun received his bachelor's degree from Loyola University, Los Angeles in 1976 and went on to earn his J.D. from the University of California School of Law in 1979.
After law school, Sahagun served as an attorney for the National Labor Relations Board. In 1980 he joined the Los Angles County District Attorney's Office as a deputy district attorney and was with the D.A.'s Office for three years until he entered into private practice in 1983. After twelve years as a sole practitioner, he joined the Southeast Municipal Court as the court commissioner in 1995. He remained with the Court until his appointment to the bench in 1997.
In 2009 he was named the supervising judge for the Southeast District by the Hon. Charles W. McCoy, who was Presiding judge at the time. Judge Sahagun replaced the Hon. Brian Gasidia who formerly held that position.
- J.D. from University of California, Los Angeles (1979)
- B.A. from Loyola Marymount University (1976)
- Judge at Los Angeles County Superior Court in Los Angeles County, California (from 2000)
- Judge at Southeast Municipal Court (1997 to 2000)
- Court Commissioner at Southeast Municipal Court (1995 to 1997)
- Attorney at Private Practice (1983 to 1995)
- Deputy Pubic Defender at Los Angeles County Public Defender's Office in Los Angeles County, California (1980 to 1983)
- Attorney at National Labor Relations Board (1979 to 1980)