Santa Clara County Superior Court, Department retired (website)
Hon. Philip H. Pennypacker was a judge for the Superior Court of Santa Clara County in California. He was appointed in 2003 to succeed Robert Foley.
He held three stints in the Public Defender’s Office in the 1970s and ’80s, including one year as the acting Public Defender.
Pennypacker served as Executive Director of the California Public Defenders Association and later helped establish the County’s first Conflicts Panel, which assigns lawyers to indigent defendants whose cases the Public Defender can’t handle.
- J.D. from University of Santa Clara Law School
- Bachelor's degree from University of California, Santa Barbara
- Partner at Siner, Steinbock, Hofmann & Pennypacker (1990 to 1997)
- Partner at Morgan, Almond, Deacon & Pennypacker (1987 to 1990)
- Acting Public Defender at Santa Clara County in Santa Clara County (1986 to 1987)
- Conflicts Administrator at Santa Clara County in Santa Clara County (1980 to 1986)
- Executive Director at California Public Defenders association, Sacramento (1977 to 1978)
- Deputy Public Defender at Santa Clara County in Santa Clara County (1973 to 1979)