Hon. Peter J. Busch is a judge for the Superior Court of San Francisco in California. He has been a judge since 2000.
He advises attorneys to dress professionally and to show up in court. Write your briefs for the judge, not for a jury. When he receives a brief he looks for exactly what the attorney wants, and why that is supported by law or facts. Don't spend too much time on the legal standard for MSJ's.
Judge Busch is a Democrat.
- J.D. from University of Virginia School of Law (1977)
- Bachelor's degree from Yale University (1974)
- Civil litigator at Howard, Rice, Nemerovski, Canady, Falk & Rabkin (1980 to 2000)
- Law clerk at Justice William J. Brennan, Jr. of the United States Supreme Court
- Law clerk at Judge Frank M. Coffin of the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit