The Hon. Peter A. Hernandez of Alhambra, served as an assistant U.S. Attorney for the Central District of California since 1999. He was a litigation associate at Brobeck, Phleger and Harrison LLP from 1998 to 1999. Previously, Hernandez was a trial attorney in the Civil Rights Division of the U.S. Department of Justice from 1995 to 1998.
He earned a J.D. degree from the University of California, Los Angeles School of Law and a B.A. degree from the University of California, Berkeley.
Hernandez is a Democrat.
- B.A. from University of California, Berkeley
- J.D. from University of California, Los Angeles
- Judge at Superior Court of Los Angeles County in Los Angeles County, California (2012 to 2021)
- U.S. Attorney at Central District of California (1999 to 2012)
- Trial Attorney at Civil Rights Division, U.S. Department of Justice (1995 to 1998)