Santa Barbara County Superior Court, Department Santa Barbara - 6 (website)
Anacapa Division: (805) 882-4520
Hon. Pauline Maxwell was appointed by Gov. Jerry Brown (D) in 2014 a judge of the Superior Court of Santa Barbara County in California.
Judge Maxwell has taught Legal Writing as an Adjunct Professor at the Santa Barbara College of Law. She has been an active member of the Santa Barbara Women Lawyers. In 2013 was selected as the Attorney of the Year. In 2015, she received the Founding Mothers Award.
Maxwell is a Democrat.
- J.D. from University of California - Los Angeles School of Law
- B.A. from University of California - Santa Barbara
- Commissioner at Superior Court of Santa Barbara County in Santa Barbara County (2010 to 2014)
- Staff researcher at Superior Court of Santa Barbara County in Santa Barbara County (2006 to 2010)
- Adjunct professor at Santa Barbara College of Law in Santa Barbara County (2007 to 2009)
- Senior litigation associate at Grokenberger and Smith (2002 to 2006)
- In-house counsel at Tenet Healthcare (2001 to 2002)
- Litigation associate at Foley and Lardner (1997 to 2001)