San Francisco Superior Court, Department retired (website)
The Hon. Patrick J. Mahoney is a retired judge of the Superior Court of San Francisco, California. He retired on January 18, 2013, after almost thirteen years on the bench.
While a judge, Hon. Mahoney was a member of the Court’s Executive Committee for 10 years and served as the Supervising Judge of the Unified Family Court since 2010. He also served as a member of the Judicial Council of California Juvenile Justice Education Committee. Judge Mahoney presided in the Civil Law and Motion Department and served as the presiding judge of the Juvenile Division. He also presided over felony and misdemeanor trials and preliminary hearings in the Criminal Division.
After leaving the bench, Judge Mahoney joined JAMS, the biggest provider of mediation and arbitration services in the world. Armed with over 40 years of experience and expertise in the legal and judicial arena, he handles a variety of disputes including Business/Commercial, Civil Rights, Class Action/Mass Tort, Employment, Family Law, Government/Public Agency, Real Property, and Securities.
- J.D. from Hastings College of the Law (1969)
- B.A. Political Science from Stanford University (1965)
- Judge at San Francisco Superior Court in San Francisco, California (2000 to 2013)
- Chief Trial Deputy at San Francisco City Attorney’s Office in San Francisco, California (1992 to 2000)
- Partner at Cooley LLP (1976 to 1992)
- Associate at Cooley LLP (1972 to 1976)
- Associate at Arent, Fox, Kintner Plotkin & Kahn (1969 to 1972)