The Hon. Morris D. Jacobson is a judge for the Superior Court of Alameda County in California. He was appointed by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in December 2005 to succeed Horace Wheatley. He was re-elected in 2014 for a term that expires in January of 2021.
Jacobson received his undergraduate degree from the University of Oklahoma and his J.D. from the University of California, Hastings College of Law.
In July 2012, the California Commission on Judicial Performance publicly admonished Judge Jacobson for his behavior in a 2010 case. During that case, the commission found that Judge Jacobson deprived an attorney in his courtroom of dignity, scolded her in front of a client and abused his authority by making her stand in his wait in his courtroom as punishment.
- Undergraduate from University of Oklahoma
- J.D. from University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- Judge at Superior Court of Alameda
- Deputy District Attorney at Alameda County District Attorney's Office
- Deputy Attorney General at San Francisco County