Placer County Superior Court, Department 33 / 43 (website)
Civil and Small Claims: 916-408-6000
In 2012, Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. appointed the Hon. Michael W. Jones to a judgeship in the Placer County Superior Court.
Judge Jones is a Democrat.
He performed "Clarence Darrow: Stories of a Trial Lawyer" in 2015.
- J.D. from Western State University College of Law
- B.A. from California State University, Sacramento
- Lawyer at Hansen Kohls Jones Sommer and Jacob LLP (2003 to 2012)
- Lawyer at Hansen Boyd Culhane and Watson LLP (1998 to 2003)
- Lawyer at Michael W. Jones Attorney at Law (1997 to 1998)
- Lawyer at Shasta County District Attorney's Office in Shasta County, California (1990 to 1997)
- Lawyer at Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office in Los Angeles County, California (1989 to 1990)
- Lawyer at Bonne Jones Bridges Mueller O'Keefe and Hunt (1989 to 1989)
- Senior criminal investigator at California Department of Insurance Fraud Bureau (1986 to 1989)
- Senior special investigator at California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (1982 to 1986)