Butte County Superior Court, Department 8 (website)
Civil Division: (530) 532‑7009
Family Law: (530) 532‑7008
Juvenile Dependency: (530) 532‑7010
Hon. Michael Candela is a judge of the Superior Court of Butte County in California.
The former Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger appointed Judge Michael Candela in replacement of Judge Thomas W. Kelly on April 8, 2010.
Prior to Superior Court Judge, he had a long legal career which he started as a Deputy Prosecutor.
Judge Candela spent much of his childhood in and out of foster homes.
His wife, who is an attorney as well, works as a lecturer in the political science department at Chico State. They have a daughter.
- Bachelor's degree from Chico State University
- J.D. from University of San Francisco Law School
- Deputy Prosecutor at District Attorney's Office in Butte County, California (1997 to 2010)
- Research Attorney at Public Defender's Office in San Joaquin County
- Deputy District Attorney at Marin County in California
- Civil Litigation Lawyer at Bay Area in California