Hon. Mark E. Johnson is a judge for the Superior Court of Riverside County in California. He was appointed to the court by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in 2009.
Beginning in August 2011, Judge Johnson chaired a committee comprised of several Riverside County agencies and the United States Department of Veterans Affairs to develop the first Riverside County Veterans Court. The Court was opened in January 2012 and has been in operation since that date.
Johnson served for 28 years in the United States Army and Army Reserve. He received an undergraduate degree from Northeast Louisiana University and a J.D. from Pepperdine University.
In his spare time, Judge Johnson enjoys hiking with his two dogs, travel and antique shopping.
- J.D. from Pepperdine University School of Law (1984)
- B.A. from Northeast Louisiana University (1981)
- Attorney at Riverside County Public Defender's Office in Riverside County (2007 to 2009)
- Attorney at Riverside County Public Defender's Office in Riverside County (2000 to 2005)
- Attorney at Private practice (1993 to 1999)