Los Angeles Superior Court, Department retired (website)
Marc R. Marmaro was a judge for the Superior Court of Los Angeles County in California. He was appointed by former Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger on June 30, 2010.
Marmaro received a Bachelor's degree from George Washington University and a J.D. from New York University.
While on the bench, Marmaro oversaw general and complex civil litigation.
Prior to his appointment, Marmaro was a partner and founding member of Jeffer, Mangels, Butler and Marmaro (now Jeffer, Mangels, Butler and Mitchell) where he tried numerous cases to verdict and judgment, including trials throughout the country in both State and Federal courts.
He now arbitrates cases through Benchmark Solutions, specializing in cases involving business and commercial litigation, including intellectual property, entertainment, securities, business dissolution, and labor of employment.
- Bachelor's Degree from George Washington University
- J.D. from New York University
- Lawyer at Jeffer, Mangels, Buttler and Marmaro (1981 to 2010)
- Lawyer at Manatt, Phelps and Phillips (1979 to 1981)
- Assistant U.S. attorney at US Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York (1975 to 1978)
- Lawyer at Debevoise and Plimpton (1973 to 1975)
- Law Clerk at Third US Circuit Court of Appeals (1972 to 1973)