The Hon. Lupe Garcia is a judge of the Superior Court of Alameda County in California. She was appointed by Democratic Governor Jerry Brown on June 28, 2016, to succeed Judge Cecilia P. Castellanos. Garcia won the primary election on June 5, 2018. Garcia received a bachelor's degree from Occidental College and a J.D. from the University of San Francisco School of Law. Prior to her judicial appointment in 2016, Garcia had worked at Gap, Inc. since 1999. Beginning in 2006, she served as associate general counsel and senior director for global integrity. From 1995 to 1999, Garcia was an associate at Lafayette and Kumagai LLP.
- Bachelor's Degree from Occidental College
- J.D. from University of San Francisco
- Associate General Counsel at Gap Inc.
- Associate General Counsel at Gap Inc. (until 2016)
- Senior Director of Global Integrity at Gap Inc. (from 1999)
- Associate at Lafayette and Kumagai LLP (1995 to 1999)