San Francisco Superior Court, Department deceased (website)
The Hon. Loretta M. Norris was a retired Commissioner of the San Francisco Superior Court in California. She was appointed as Commissioner in 1989 where she worked, until her retirement in 2004, overseeing a vast area of cases which included civil harassment and discovery disputes.
She remarkably surpassed law school despite being a single parent of four. Aside from her love for reading, she also developed a huge passion for gardening, cooking, politics, and the arts. Her garden is adorned with her collection of adorable and unique birdhouses.
After her long battle with emphysema, Hon. Norris passed away at the age of 68 on February 28, 2008.
- J.D. from Boalt Hall at the University of California, Berkeley (1978)
- B.A. from Madison College (now James Madison University) (1960)
- Associate at Carroll, Burdick & McDonough LLP
- Managing Attorney at San Francisco for Zurich American Insurance Company
- Commissioner at San Francisco Superior Court (1989 to 2004)