In 2009, Republican Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger appointed Hon. Linda D. Hurst as a judge for the Superior Court of San Luis Obispo County in California.
The judge's early practice was in criminal and personal injury defense. Later on, she worked in medical malpractice, personal injury, and construction defects, on the defense side.
- J.D. from Western State University College of Law
- LL.M. from Golden Gate University
- Bachelor's degree from University of California, Davis
- Partner at Hall Hieatt & Connely (2003 to 2009)
- Attorney at Private practice (1998 to 2003)
- Associate at Smith, Helenius & Hayes (1987 to 1998)
- Associate at Merrill, Thiessen and Gagen (1979 to 1987)