San Francisco Superior Court, Department retired (website)
The Hon. Leslie C. Nichols retired as a judge of the Superior Court in California in 2009. Prior to his appointment to the Superior Court in 1984, Judge Nichols was serving as Mayor of Mountain View. He spent 17 years in the private practice of law, mostly as a civil rights lawyer.
Judge Nichols made headlines when he disbanded the Santa Clara County Grand Jury in late 1998. He reasoned that five jurors of the said jury had broken their oath to keep the jury's proceedings private.
- Bachelor's Degree from Stanford University
- J.D. from University of California, Hastings College
- Attorney at San Mateo Legal Aid Society in San Mateo County, California
- Law Professor at Lincoln Law School
- City Councilor at Mountain View, California in Mountain View, California (1977 to 1984)