The Hon. Lawrence Riff of Glendale has been a partner at Steptoe and Johnson LLP since 1997. He was a partner at Lane Powell PC from 1989 to 1997, where he was an associate from 1986 to 1989, and a trial attorney at the Southern Pacific Transportation Company from 1982 to 1985.
Riff earned a J.D. degree from the University of Oregon School of Law and a B.A. degree from the University of Michigan.
He fills the vacancy created by the conversion of a court commissioner position on July 1, 2014.
Riff is a Democrat.
- B.A. from University of Michigan
- J.D. from University of Oregon School of Law
- Judge at Superior Court of Los Angeles County in Los Angeles County, California (from 2015)
- Partner at Steptoe & Johnson LLP (1997 to 2015)
- Partner at Lane Powell PC (1989 to 1997)
- Associate at Lane Powell PC (1986 to 1989)
- Trial Attorney at Southern Pacific Transportation Company (1982 to 1985)