Hon. Laurel S. Brady is a judge for the Superior Court of Contra Costa County in California. She was appointed to the Richmond Municipal Court in 1996 by former governor Pete Wilson, and then elevated to the Superior Court in 1998 through court unification.
Judge Brady prefers courtesy copies to be delivered to her chambers. The judge finds boiler-plate briefs less helpful. She reads briefs carefully and checks citations in court.
In court, she recommends that attorneys be thoroughly prepared and familiar with their cases so they can anticipate new issues. The judge also recommends that attorneys observe experienced attorneys, to get training in their techniques.
- J.D. from Golden Gate School of Law
- B.A. from University of California, San Diego (History)
- Law clerk at Superior Court in Marin County, California
- Law clerk at Attorney General's Office in California
- Deputy District Attorney at District Attorney's Office in Contra Costa County, California (1989 to 1990)
- Deputy District Attorney at District Attorney's Office in Solano County, California (1990 to 1996)