Butte County Superior Court, Department 5 (website)
Criminal: (530) 532‑7011
Juvenile Delinquency: (530) 532‑7023
Court Administration: (530) 532‑7013
Hon. Kimberly Merrifield is a judge of the Superior Court of Butte County in California. Governor Jerry Brown (D) appointed her to fill the vacant seat after the retirement of Denny R. Forland n November 17, 2015.
She has served as an intern at the school’s Community Legal Information Center at Chico State’s College of Behavioral and Social Sciences.
- J.D. from Cal Northern School of Law (1994)
- B.A. from California State University-Chico (1990)
- Associate at Law Office of Robert A. Glusman in California (1995 to 2002)
- Part-time attorney at Self Help Assistance in California (2002 to 2006)
- Part-time attorney at Referral Program’s Oroville Office in California (2002 to 2007)
- Contract attorney at Legal Services in Northern California (2002 to 2015)
- Contract attorney at Butte Office of the County Counsel in Butte County, California (2002 to 2015)
- Attorney at Private practice in California (2002 to 2015)