Kim Garlin Dunning is the presiding judge for the Superior Court of Orange County in California. She was appointed by former governor Pete Wilson in 1997 to succeed Jean Rheinheimer.
Dunning received a bachelor's degree from Stanford University in 1972 and a J.D. from Southern Methodist University in 1977.
In 2009, Dunning was under consideration for appointment to the California Courts of Appeal. Her name was forwarded to the State Bar Commission on Judicial Nominees Evaluation from Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- Attorney at Ramsey & Johnson (1996 to 1997)
- Senior Research Attorney at Associate Justince Thomas F. Crosby (1983 to 1995)
- Deputy City Attorney at Santa Ana California (1982 to 1982)
- Attorney at Murtaugh, Hatcher & Miller (1981 to 1981)
- Attorney at Morris, Polich & Purdy (1978 to 1980)