The Hon. Kevin Brazile is a judge for the Superior Court of Los Angeles.
He first attended West Los Angeles Junior College and transferred to UCLA after two years. Brazile graduated in 1980 with a B.A. cum laude in political science. Brazile earned his J.D. in 1983.
Brazile worked 18 years with the County Counsel’s Office where he was the first African American to serve as division chief of the General Litigation Division. There, he oversaw the defense of police misconduct as well as employment discrimination and sexual harassment litigation.
He was the first African American Presiding Judge of the Los Angeles Superior Court.
- J.D. from University of California, Los Angeles (1993)
- B.A. from University of California, Los Angeles (1980) (Political science)
- Attorney at County Counsel's Office
- Assistant Presiding Judge at Superior Court of Los Angeles County in Los Angeles County, California
- Presiding Judge at Superior Court of Los Angeles County in Los Angeles County, California