Hon. Joni T. Hiramoto is a judge for the Superior Court of Contra Costa County in California.
On March 11, 1998, former Governor Pete Wilson appointed her to Contra Costa County Municipal Court, and in June 1998 she was elevated to the seat of Superior Court Judge through unification.
Judge Hiramoto is Democrat.
She was the former President of the Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Bay Area. She was also associated with San Francisco Women Lawyers Alliance, the Asian Law Caucus and the Bar Association of San Francisco as either an officer or a director.
According to the judge, an attorney's reputation is an important aspect of his/her career. She appreciates the attorney who respects their opposing counsel.
Judge Hiramoto describes Richmond courts' Domestic Violence Restraining Order Clinic as her "baby," because she is one of the major driving forces behind its purpose.
- J.D. from University of California, Berkeley Boalt Hall School of Law
- Bachelor's degree from Harvard University
- Judge at Municipal Court in Contra Costa County, California (1998 to 1998)
- Branch chief at enforcement division, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (1992 to 1998)
- Litigation associate at McCutchen, Doyle, Brown & Enersen (1972 to 1992)