Hon. John T. Laettner is a judge for the Superior Court of Contra Costa County in California.
The judge used to coach baseball and basketball, and was involved with high school moot court.
His advice to attorneys appearing before him: "Be prepared. Be courteous. Be straight with the court. Stay honest."
In September 2018 he was accused of sexual harassment and abuse of authority.
- J.D. from Hastings College of Law
- B.A. from UC San Diego (Political Science)
- Assistant U.S. Attorney Chief at U.S. Attorney for California’s Northern District in Oakland, California (1989 to 2006)
- Deputy district attorney at Tulare County District Attorney’s Office in Tulare County, California (1985 to 1989)
- Civil litigator at Stammer, McKnight, Barnum and Bailey in Fresno, California (from 1983)