In 2008, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger appointed Hon. John D. Freeland as a judge for the Superior Court of Stanislaus County in California.
Freeland's private practice focused on personal injury litigation, on the plaintiff and defendant sides.
- J.D. from Santa Clara University School of Law
- Bachelor's degree from University of California, Berkeley
- Attorney at Curtis and Arata (1998 to 2008)
- Sole practitioner at Private practice (1996 to 1998)
- Attorney at Williams, Romanski, Polverari, & Skelton (1988 to 1996)
- Attorney at Ericksen, Arbuthnot, Kilduff, Day & Lindstrom Incorporated (1986 to 1988)
- Attorney at Roberts & Moore (1985 to 1986)
- Attorney at Law Offices of Lorraine Wallace (1985 to 1985)
- Attorney at Law Offices of Roger Neathery (1984 to 1985)
- Attorney at Halston & Clark (1983 to 1984)