San Francisco Superior Court, Department retired (website)
James L. Warren is a retired judge of the Superior Court of San Francisco, California.
He has been a full-time neutral since his retirement and has become an arbitrator and mediator in a number of cases.
Well-know for his insightful analysis and creative problem-solving skills, he is often chosen to handle complex cases.
His broad law practice areas include business and commercial disputes, professional malpractice, insurance, employment, and IP matters.
- J.D. from Hofstra University School of Law (1973)
- B.A. from University of California, Berkeley (1966)
- Judge at San Francisco County Superior Court in San Francisco, California (1994 to 2006)
- Senior Counsel at Pacific Bell (1993 to 1994)
- Partner at Pillsbury Winthrop (formerly Pillsbury, Madison & Sutro) (1980 to 1993)
- Associate at Pillsbury Winthrop (formerly Pillsbury, Madison & Sutro) (1975 to 1980)
- Associate at Clifford Chance (formerly Rogers & Wells) (1973 to 1975)