Hon. James E. Towery is a judge for the Superior Court of Santa Clara County in California. He was appointed on November 21, 2012 to succeed Judge Kevin J. Murphy.
He is a former president of the State Bar of California and the Santa Clara County Bar Association.
- J.D. from Emory University
- B.A. from Princeton University
- Lawyer at Rossi, Hammerslough, Reischl and Chuck (2011 to 2012)
- Chief Trial Counsel at State Bar of California (2010 to 2011)
- Shareholder at Hoge, Fenton, Jones and Appel Inc. (1989 to 2010)
- Lawyer at Morgan and Towery (1979 to 1989)
- Law Clerk and Associate at Morgan, Beauzay, Hammer, Ezgar, Bledsoe and Rucka (1976 to 1979)