The Hon. James A. Kaddo is a judge for the Los Angeles County Superior Court in California. He was originally appointed to the Municipal Court in 1991 by former governor George Deukmejian. He remained with the Municipal Court until 1998 when he was elected to the Superior Court.
Kaddo immigrated to the United States from Lebanon in 1950.
Judge Kaddo is a graduate of the University of California and the University of California, Berkeley. He graduated with his B.A. in political science and international relations in 1956 and 1958 respectively. After graduating from college, Kaddo was drafted into the U.S. Army where he served until 1958 when he was honorably discharged. He went on to earn his J.D. from the University of Southern California Gould School of Law in 1963.
After graduating from law school, Kaddo entered into a partnership at the law firm Voorhies and Kaddo in 1966. He remained at the firm, which eventually became Voorhies, Kaddo, and Greene until 1971. In that same year, he opened his own practice, the Law Offices of James A. Kaddo, and remained in private practice until he was appointed to the Municipal Court almost 20 years later.
His many memberships have included the Arab American Lawyers Association of Southern California, Los Angeles Beirut Sister City Organization, World Lebanese Cultural Union, William Neima Republican Club, and the Los Angeles Cedars Rotary Club, just to name a few.
Judge Kaddo was the recipient of the 2018 Dr. Raymond Jallow Lifetime Achievement Award from the American-Arab Anti Discrimination Committee.
- J.D. from University of Southern California Gould School of Law (1966)
- B.A. from University of California, Berkeley (1958) (Political Science and International Relations)
- B.A. from University of California, Los Angeles (1956) (Political Science)
- Judge at Los Angeles Municipal Court in Los Angeles County, California (1991 to 1998)
- Attorney at Law Offices of James A. Kaddo in Los Angeles County, California (1971 to 1990)
- Partner at Voorhies, Kaddo and Greene in Los Angeles County, California (1969 to 1971)
- Partner at Voorhies and Kaddo in Los Angeles County, California (1966 to 1969)