Honorable Geoffrey A. Goodman is a judge for the Superior Court of Sacramento County in California. He was appointed by former Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger (R) on March 27, 2009, to succeed Patricia Esgro.
Prior to his appointment, Goodman was a partner at Nossaman, primarily specializing in white collar criminal defense and commercial litigation in the health care industry. Prior to his decade in private practice, Goodman spent over 20 years working in the public sector. Most recently he served as assistant U.S. attorney for the U.S. Attorney's Office, Eastern District of California from 1992 to 1998.
- Bachelor's from University of Southern California
- J.D. from University of California, Los Angeles
- Judge at Superior Court of Sacramento County (from 2009)
- Attorney at Nossaman LLP (2008 to 2009)
- Attorney at Murphy, Austin, Adams & Shoenfeld (1999 to 2008)
- Attorney at Diepenbrock, Wulff, Plant & Hannigan (1998 to 1998)
- Supervising Assistant U.S. Attorney at U.S. Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of California (1992 to 1998)
- Attorney at California Attorney General's Office (1984 to 1991)
- Staff Counsel at Committee on Criminal Justice for the California State Assembly (1981 to 1984)
- Deputy District Attorney at Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office[ (1977 to 1981)