In 2005, Hon. Garrett L. Wong was appointed by former governor Arnold Schwarzenegger as a judge for the Superior Court of San Francisco in California.
He was elected by the San Francisco Bench to serve as Assistant Presiding Judge of the San Francisco Superior Court.
Punctuality and quietness count in his courtroom.
Judge Wong is a Democrat.
- J.D. from University of Pennsylvania Law School (1979)
- LL.M. from Georgetown University Law Center
- Bachelor's degree from University of California, Berkeley
- Senior counsel at SBC Communications (2001 to 2005)
- Attorney at Private practice (1987 to 2001)
- Deputy public defender at San Francisco Public Defender's Office in San Francisco County, California (1984 to 1987)
- Supervising attorney at Georgetown University's Juvenile Justice Clinic in Washington, D.C. (1980 to 1982)