San Francisco Superior Court, Department retired (website)
Ernest H. Goldsmith was a judge for the Superior Court of San Francisco in California. He served from 1996-2016. He spent nearly all of his time addressing civil matters and served as the court's CEQA judge.
He is now a neutral mediator and arbitrator at ADR Services, Inc. He has mediated employment, real estate, toxic torts, personal injury, malpractice, probate, large consumer class action cases, multi-party construction defect cases, and insurance claims and bad faith.
In 2005 he was named Trial Judge of the Year by the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association.
- Master's degree from University of California, Berkeley (1961) (Political Science)
- Bachelor's degree from University of California, Berkeley (1957) (Political Science)
- LL.B. from Stanford University Law School
- Judge at Superior Court of San Francisco in San Francisco County, California (1996 to 2016)
- Sole practitioner at Law Offices of Ernest Goldsmith (1976 to 1996)
- Attorney at Riordan & Goldsmith (1974 to 1976)
- Assistant district attorney at San Francisco District Attorney's Office in San Francisco County, California (1967 to 1973)