The Hon. Edward A. Ferns is a judge for the Los Angeles County Superior Court in California. Ferns was elevated to the Superior Court by former governor Pete Wilson in 1993. Judge Ferns was originally appointed to the Los Angeles Municipal Court in 1989 by then-governor George Deukmejian.
Judge Ferns was born in Scotland and immigrated to the United States with his parents as a child.
He attended the University of California, Los Angeles where he received his bachelor's degree in history in 1971. He went on to earn his J.D. from Southwestern University School of Law in 1974.
After law school, Feris joined the Los Angeles District Attorney's Office where he served as a deputy district attorney until his appointment to the Municipal Court in 1989.
Former governor Arnold Schwarzenegger referred Ferns to the court of appeals in 2007.
- J.D. from Southwestern University School of Law (1974)
- Bachelor's Degree from University of California, Los Angeles (1971) (History)
- Judge at Superior Court of Los Angeles County in Los Angeles County, California (1993 to 2007)
- Judge at Los Angeles Municipal Court in Los Angeles County, California (1989 to 1993)
- Deputy District Attorney at Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office in Los Angeles County, California (1975 to 1989)