San Francisco Superior Court, Department retired (website)
Donald Sullivan was appointed to the San Francisco Superior Court in 2003. He retired in 2017. On the court, he presided over toxic tort, products liability, personal injury, real estate cases, and family law cases.
In 2013, SFTLA named him “Judge of the Year”.
As a judge, he came early and worked late.
Sullivan was a civil trial lawyer, on both the defense and plaintiff sides.
He was president of the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association.
Sullivan became an arbitrator, mediator, and private judge.
His hobbies include traveling, studying foreign languages, reading, hiking, taking long walks, swimming. and stamp and coin collecting.
- J.D. from Santa Clara University School of Law (1971)
- Bachelor's degree from Santa Clara University (1968) (Electrical Engineering)
- Pro tem judge at San Francisco Superior Court in San Francisco County, California (2001 to 2003)
- Senior trial lawyer at Thomas Brandi Law Offices (1998 to 2001)
- Senior trial lawyer at Herron & Herron (1987 to 1998)
- Trial lawyer at California Department of Transportation (1971 to 1987)