Hon. David F. De Alba is a judge for the Superior Court of Sacramento County in California, appointed in 2001.
Hon. De Alba was given the 2011 Judge of the Year Award, by the Sacramento County Bar Association. He was elected to serve as Presiding Judge in 2018.
Hon. De Alba has extensive professional experience in the public sector (see full career listing below). In addition, he has held the following positions: Voting Memeber of the California Judicial Council (2012-2015); Non-Voting Member, of the California Judicial Council (2011-2012); Member of the La Raza Lawyers Association; Member of the Hispanic Law Enforcement Task Force; Volunteer at the United Way of Sacramento; and Volunteer at Habitat for Humanity.
- J.D. from University of California at Los Angeles School of Law
- Bachelor's Degree from University of California, Berkeley
- Judge at Superior Court of Sacramento County in Sacramento, CA (from 2001)
- Special Assistant to Attorney General Bill Lockyer at California Department of Justice (1999 to 2001)
- Deputy Attorney General at California Department of Justice (1979 to 1999)