The Hon. Daniel S. Murphy is a judge for the Los Angeles County Superior Court in California. He was appointed to the bench by former governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in 2005.
He is registered as a Republican.
Judge Murphy graduated in 1984 with his B.A. in Political Science from the University of California Los Angeles and went on to earn his J.D. from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles in 1987.
During law school, Murphy clerked for the law firm of Chase, Rotchford, Drukker, and Bogust. After his clerkship, Judge Murphy joined the Long Beach City Attorney's Office. At the time of his appointment to the Superior Court, he was working for the Long Beach branch of the District Attorney's Office. He worked for the city of Long Beach for 17 years.
One of his more high-profile cases while on the Superior Court dealt with the famous radio personality, Casey Kasem, regarding his care during a family dispute.
- J.D. from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles (1987)
- B.A. from University of California, Los Angeles (1984) (Political Science)
- Deputy City Prosecutor at Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office, Long Beach in Los Angeles County, California
- Deputy City Attorney at Long Beach City Attorney's Office in Los Angeles County, California
- Clerk at Chase, Rotchford, Drukker, and Bogust (1985 to 1987)