The Hon. Daniel J. Buckley is a judge for the Los Angeles County Superior Court in California. He was appointed to the bench in 2002 by former governor Gray Davis.
Judge Buckley received both his B.A. and J.D. from the University of Notre Dame.
Prior to his appointment to the Superior Court, Buckley was a managing partner for the law firm of Breidenbach, Buckley, Huchting, Halm, and Hamblet. He joined the firm in 1980 and practiced there until his appointment in 2002. During his 22 years with the firm, his area of practice focused on civil defense in regards to the matters of personal injury as well as negligence and insurance.
Judge Buckley has been a lecturer on judicial ethics for the Judicial Council in San Francisco and has also taught as an adjunct professor for the University of California Gould School of Law, the University of Notre Dame, Loyola Law School, and Southwestern Law School on trial advocacy, California civil procedures, jury instruction, ethics, and evidence.
Buckley has also taught computer skills for judges and has been active in the court's efforts toward technological advancement specifically in regards to case management.
During his time on the Superior Court, Judge Buckley has served as the assistant supervising judge, the supervising judge in 2012, the assistant presiding judge in 2015, and the presiding judge in 2017. He has also served as a court liaison for the counties of Orange, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Ventura.
Buckley has been honored by the Armenian Bar Association for his service as a judge.
He is a fan of the Fighting Irish, and he also enjoys swimming and reading the newspaper.
- B.A. from University of Notre Dame
- J.D. from University of Notre Dame
- Managing Partner at Breidenbach, Buckley, Huchting, Halm & Hamblet in Los Angeles County, California (1980 to 2002)
- Adjunct Professor at University of California Gould School of Law in Los Angeles County, California
- Adjunct Professor at University of Notre Dame in St. Joseph County, IN
- Adjunct Professor at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles County, California
- Adjunct Professor at Southwestern Law School in Los Angeles County, California
- Lecturer at Judicial Council, San Francisco in San Francisco County, California