Santa Barbara County Superior Court, Department Santa Barbara - 5 (website)
Anacapa Division: (805) 882-4520
Hon. Colleen K. Sterne is a judge for the Superior Court of Santa Barbara County in California. She was appointed by former governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in January of 2010 to succeed J. William McLafferty. Sterne was automatically re-elected in 2012 and her current term will expire in 2019.
Sterne received a bachelor's degree from the University of California, Santa Barbara and a J.D. from Santa Barbara College of Law.
Sterne ran for re-election to the superior court in 2012. As an unopposed incumbent, her name did not appear on the ballot. After the primary election, Sterne was automatically re-elected.
She is a 2006 recipient of the Judge John T. Rickard Judicial Service Award, and was named Attorney of the Year by Santa Barbara Women Lawyers in 2010.
- J.D. from Santa Barbara College of Law (1988)
- B.A. from University of California, Santa Barbara (1980)
- Court commissioner at Superior Court of Santa Barbara County in Santa Barbara County (2003 to 2010)
- Attorney at Private practice (2000 to 2003)
- Attorney at Henderson and Borgeson (1988 to 2000)