Hon. Charles S. Treat is a judge of the Superior Court of Contra Costa County in California. Former Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger appointed Judge Treat in 2005.
He is a Democrat.
Two of the most highlighted cases of his legal practice was a 12-year contract arbitration battle which culminated in an en banc Ninth Circuit decision, and recovery of a 9-figure amount on behalf of his client. The other one was a successful settlement in a suit against a Central Valley municipality, in which he saved the building permits of low-income farm workers.
Judge Treat and his wife live in Lafayette, California, with their 2 sons.
- J.D. from University of Chicago (1980)
- Bachelor's degree from Michigan State University (1977) (Political Philosophy)
- Judicial clerk at Judge John Minor Wisdom, United States Court of Appeals in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Judicial clerk at William Brennan, Associate Supreme Court Justice
- Civil litigator at Latham & Watkins in California