San Luis Obispo Superior Court, Department 12 (website)
Criminal Branch: (805) 781-5670
Juvenile Services Center: (805) 781-5164
In 2003, former Gov. Gray Davis appointed Hon. Charles S. Crandall as a judge for the Superior Court of San Luis Obispo County in California.
Judge Crandall asks lawyers to summarize discovery disputes on a two-page form to get them to resolve their arguments informally.
He believes in civility in court.
He previously was involved in a lawsuit against Exxon for its oil spill.
The judge's hobbies include bird watching, hiking, biking, swimming, and sailing.
- J.D. from University of Virginia Law School
- Bachelor's degree from Princeton University
- Partner at Milberg Weiss (1989 to 1994)
- Assistant U.S. Attorney at San Diego
- Assistant U.S. Attorney at New Jersey
- Attorney at San Luis Obispo (1999 to 2003)
- Attorney at San Diego (1994 to 1999)