In 2013, the Hon. Carrie McIntyre Panetta was appointed as a judge for the Superior Court of Monterey County in California by Governor Jerry Brown.
Judge Panetta has experience in civil, criminal and family law.
She is the daughter in law of Leon Panetta. Her husband is a Congressman. They have two daughters.
Judge Panetta is a Democrat.
- J.D. from University of Virginia School of Law
- Bachelor's degree from University of North Dakota
- Judge at Superior Court of Alameda County in Alameda County, California (2007 to 2013)
- Deputy district attorney at Alameda County District Attorney's Office in Alameda County, California (1999 to 2007)
- Associate attorney at Brobeck, Phleger and Harrison LLP