The Hon. Bobbi Tillmon is a judge for the Los Angeles County Superior Court in California. She was elected to the bench after running unopposed in the 2006 election.
Judge Tillmon graduated cum laude with her B.A. from the University of Southern California and went on to earn her J.D. from USC in 1977.
After law school, Tillmon was a sole practitioner for seven years. Her areas of practice included family and criminal law. She left private practice to join the law firm of Mallory, Brown-Curtis & Mallory as a partner in 1986. She remained at the law firm until 1993. In 1994 Judge Tillmon joined the Los Angeles County Superior Court as the court commissioner. She remained there until being elected to the bench in 2006.
Over the course of her career, Judge Tillman has received several awards, which include Mentor of the Year by the Harriett Buhai Center, Volunteer of the Year by the Women's Legal Clinic, and a Community Service Award from the Black Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles Foundation.
Her memberships include the American and National Bar Associations, California Bar Association, Black Women Lawyer's Associaton Los Angeles, and California Association Black Lawyers.
- J.D. from University of Southern California (1977)
- Postgraduate from Hastings College of Law (1975)
- B.A. from University of Southern California (1974) (Political Science, cum laude)
- Private Practice at Self in Los Angeles County, California (1979 to 1986)
- Senior Partner at Mallory, Brown-Curtis and Mallory in Los Angeles County, California (1986 to 1983)
- Court Commissioner at Los Angeles Superior Court in Los Angeles County, California (1994 to 2006)