Los Angeles Superior Court, Department A22 (website)
The Hon. Ashfaq (Ron) G. Chowdhury, of Los Angeles, was appointed to a judgeship in the Los Angeles County Superior Court on Feb 27, 2018. He fills the vacancy created by the retirement of Judge Lloyd M. Nash.
Chowdhury has served as a deputy federal public defender at the Office of the Federal Public Defender, Central District of California since 2010. He was an associate at Cole Pedroza LLP from 2008 to 2010, at Munger, Tolles and Olson LLP from 2005 to 2008 and at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton and Garrison LLP from 2003 to 2005. Chowdhury served as a law clerk for the Honorable Frederic Block at the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York from 2001 to 2003 and for the Honorable Richard N. Palmer at the Connecticut Supreme Court from 2000 to 2001.
He earned a J.D. degree from Columbia Law School and a B.A. degree from Williams College.
Chowdhury is a Democrat.
- J.D. from Columbia University
- B.A. from Williams College
- Deputy Federal public Defender at Office of the Federal Public Defender, Central District of California (from 2010)
- Associate at Cole Pedroza LLP (2008 to 2010)
- Associate at Tolles and Olson LLP (2005 to 2008)
- Associate at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton and Garrison LLP (2003 to 2005)