The Hon. Arturo Castro is a judge of the Superior Court of Alameda County in California. He was appointed by Gov. Jerry Brown (D) to replace David M. Krashna on December 23, 2015. Castro won the primary election on June 5, 2018. Castro earned his B.A. and J.D. from the University of California-Berkeley. Castro worked at the Judicial Council of California from 2007 to 2015, including a stint as supervising attorney from 2012 to 2015. He previously worked as an associate with Chang Mattern from 2006 to 2007, and as a deputy public defender in Los Angeles County from 1999 to 2005. Castro is a Democrat.
- Bachelor of Arts from University of California Berkeley
- J.D. from University of California, Berkeley Boalt Hall School of Law
- Attorney at Judicial Council of California (2007 to 2015)
- Supervising Attorney at Judicial Council of California (2012 to 2015)
- Associate at Chang Mattern (2006 to 2007)
- Deputy public defender at Los Angeles County (1999 to 2005)