In 2010, the Hon. Angela M. Bradstreet was appointed by former governor Arnold Schwarzenegger as a judge for the Superior Court of San Francisco County in California.
In 2016 she received the Tara L. Riedley Barristers Choice Award from the Bar Association in San Francisco for "her extraordinary efforts to educate and encourage young lawyers that are new to the practice of law and the courtroom. In addition, the award recognizes work done outside the courtroom in support of programs of the Barristers Club."
Judge Bradstreet has been a longtime advocate for women's rights and the rights of gays and lesbians. She won a 2003 Diversity Award from the State Bar of California for working to eliminate the glass ceiling for women lawyers and prohibiting judges from belonging to organizations that discriminate against gays and lesbians.
In 2001 Judge Bradstreet was President of the Bar Association in San Francisco. In 1992 she was President of the California Women Lawyers Association.
She likes to cycle in her spare time.
- LL.M. from University of California, Berkeley
- Bachelor's degree from University of Bristol
- State labor commissioner at California Department of Labor (2007 to 2010)
- Associate, partner and managing partner at Carroll, Burdick and McDonough (1981 to 2007)
- Legal research attorney and judicial clerk at Superior Court of San Mateo County in San Mateo County, California (1980 to 1981)
- Articled clerk at Boodle Hatfield (1977 to 1979)